- Russian (Русский)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- Estonian (Eesti)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
Creating Custom Automated Tasks
(ABBYY FineReader Corporate only)
You can create your own automated tasks if you need to include processing steps that are not available in the built-in automated tasks.
- In the Task window, click the My Tasks tab, and then click the Create New button.
- In the Task Settings dialog box, enter a name for your task in the Task name box.
- In the left-hand pane, choose what kind of FineReader document to use for the task:
- Create new document
If you choose this option, a new FineReader document will be created when you start the task. You will also need to specify which set of document options the program needs to use when processing your document: the global options specified in the program or the options which you can specify for this particular task.
- Select existing document
Select this option if you want the task to process images from an existing FineReader document. You will need to either specify a FineReader document or choose to have the program prompt you to select a document every time the task starts.
- Use current document
If you choose this option, the images from the active FineReader document will be processed.
- Choose how you will acquire images:
- Open image or PDF
Select this option if you want the task to process images or PDF documents from a folder. You will need to either specify a folder or choose to have the program prompt you to select one every time the task starts.
If you choose this option, you will need to scan the pages.
- This step is optional if earlier you chose Select existing document or Use current document.
- If images are added to a document that already contains images, only the newly added images will be processed.
- If a FineReader document to be processed contains some pages that have already been recognized and some pages that have already been analyzed, the recognized pages will not be processed again and the analyzed pages will be recognized.
- Add the Analyze step to detect areas on the images and configure this step:
- Analyze the layout automatically, then adjust areas manually
ABBYY FineReader will analyze the images and identify the areas based on their content.
- Draw areas manually
ABBYY FineReader will ask you to draw the appropriate areas manually.
- Use an area template
Select this option if you want an existing area template to be used when the program analyzes the document. You will need to either specify a template or choose to have the program prompt you to select one every time the task starts. For details, see "If You Are Processing a Large Number of Documents with Identical Layouts."
- Add the Read step if you need the images to be recognized. The program will use the recognition options you specified in step 3.
Note: When you add the Read step, the Analyze step is added automatically.
- Add a Read step to save the recognized text in a format of your choice, e-mail the text or images, or create a copy of the FineReader document. A task may include multiple Read steps:
- Save document
Here you can specify the name of the file, its format, file options and the folder where the file should be saved.
Note: To avoid specifying a new folder each time the task is started, select Create a time-stamped subfolder.
- Send document
Here you can select the application in which to open the resulting document.
- E-mail document
Here you can specify the name of the file, its format, file options, and the e-mail address to which the file should be sent.
- Save images
Here you can specify the name of the file, its format, file options, and the folder where the image file should be saved.
Note: To save all images to one file, select Save as one multi-page image file (applicable only to images in TIFF, PDF, JB2, JBIG2, and DCX).
- E-mail images
Here you can specify the name of the file, its format, file options, and the e-mail address to which the image file should be sent.
- Save FineReader document
Here you can specify the folder to which the FineReader document should be saved.
Specify what options the program should use to save the results. You can choose between the global options specified in the program at the time of saving or the options which you will specify for this particular task.
- Remove any unnecessary steps from the task using the button.
Note: Sometimes, removing one step will also cause another step to be removed. For instance, if you remove the Analyze step, the Read step will also be removed, as recognition cannot be carried out without analyzing an image.
- Once you have configured all the required steps, click Finish.
The newly created task will appear on the My Tasks tab of the Task window. You can save your task as a file using the Task Manager (click Tools > Task Manager… to open the Task Manager).
You can also load a previously created task: on the My Tasks tab, click Load from Disk and select the file containing the task that you need.
In ABBYY FineReader you can modify, copy, delete, import, and export custom automated tasks. For details, see "Automated Tasks."
11/2/2018 5:31:18 PM