- Russian (Русский)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- Estonian (Eesti)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
If Areas Are Detected Incorrectly
ABBYY FineReader analyzes page images before recognition and detects different types of areas on these images, such as Text, Picture, Background Picture, Table, and Barcode areas. This analysis determines which areas will be recognized and in what order. In the user interface, different area types are distinguished by the colors of their borders.
If you click on an area, it will be highlighted and will become active. You can also navigate areas by pressing the Tab key. The areas' numbers determine the order in which they are selected when the Tab key is pressed. By default, these area numbers are not visible in the Image window, and only appear if the Order Areas tool is selected.
The tools for drawing and editing areas manually can be found in the Image window and on the pop-up toolbars of the Text, Picture, Background Picture, and Table areas (pop-up toolbars appear next to the active area).
Important! After you have finished editing the areas, run the OCR process again.
You can use area editing tools to:
- Create a new area
- Adjust area borders
- Add or remove parts of areas
- Select one or more areas
- Move areas
- Reorder areas
- Delete areas
- Change the orientation of text in an area
- Change the color of area borders
- Click a tool in the Image window:
draws a recognition area
draws a Text area
draws a Picture area
draws a Background picture area
draws a Table area
- Hold down the left mouse button and move the mouse pointer to draw an area.
New areas can be drawn without selecting a tool from the Image window toolbar. You can simply draw an area on the image using one of the following key combinations:
- Ctrl+Shift draws a Text area
- Alt+Shift draws a Picture area
- Ctrl+Alt draws a Table area
- Ctrl+Shift+Alt draws a Barcode area
You can change the type of an area. Right-click the selected area, click Change Area Type on the shortcut menu, and then click the desired area type.
- Place the mouse cursor on the area border.
- Left-click and drag in the desired direction.
Note: You can simultaneously adjust the vertical and horizontal borders of an area by placing the mouse pointer on a corner of the area.
- Select the / tool on the pop-up toolbar of a Text, Picture or Background Picture area.
- Place the mouse cursor inside the area and select a part of the image. This segment will be added to or deleted from the area.
- Adjust the area border, if necessary.
- These tools may only be applied to Text, Picture or Background Picture areas. You cannot add or delete a segment in a Table or Barcode area.
- Area borders can also be adjusted by adding sizing handles. The resulting segments can be dragged in any direction using the mouse. To add a new sizing handle, place the cursor on the desired point on the border while holding down Ctrl+Shift (this switches the pointer to crosshairs) and click. A new sizing handle will appear on the area border.
- Select the , , , , , or tool on the Image window toolbar and click the desired areas while holding down the Ctrl key. To cancel the selection, click the selected area once again.
- Select an area and move it while holding down the Ctrl key.
- Click on the toolbar or click Order Areas on the Area menu.
- Select the areas in the order desired for the output document.
Note: The areas are automatically numbered from left to right during automatic page analysis, regardless of the direction of the text on the image.
- Select the areas you want to delete and then press the Delete key.
- Select the areas you want to delete, right-click one of them, and then click Delete on the shortcut menu.
- Select the tool and click the area you want to delete.
To delete all areas:
- Click Delete All Areas and Text on the shortcut menu of the Image.
Important! Deleting an area from an image that has already been recognized will also delete the corresponding fragment in the Text window.
- Right-click an area, click Properties on its shortcut menu to open the Area Properties pane, and then select the desired text orientation from the Orientation drop-down list.
For more information about editing the text properties of text areas, see "Adjusting Text Area Properties."
- Open the Options dialog box (Tools > Options…) and then click the View tab.
- Select the area type under Appearance and choose a color on the Color palette.
11/2/2018 5:31:18 PM