Using Windows Installer
To install ABBYY FineReader PDF using Windows Installer, run the following command from a command prompt:
msiexec.exe /i "%pathtofile%" /qb
where %pathtofile% is the path to the ABBYY FineReader 16 x64.msi file for 64-bit systems, or the path to the ABBYY FineReader 16.msi file for 32-bit systems.
Note: Instead of /qb, you may also choose to use /qn or /q.
Important! ABBYY FineReader PDF cannot be installed in interactive mode using Windows Installer.
To install ABBYY FineReader PDF, you can use one of the following *.msi files:
- the *.msi file from the administrative installation folder (see Creating an administrative installation point)
- the *.msi file from a distribution package with automatic activation (see Deploying a multi-user distribution package with per-seat licenses and automatic activation)
- the *.msi file from the folder containing the setup files
Important! Please make sure that the Visual C++ Redist is already installed on the workstation. You can download the Visual C++ Redist here or install it from the VC_Redist folder, which can be found in the folder containing the setup files.
To install the Visual C++ Redist from the VC_Redist folder:
- for a 32-bit system, run vcredist_x86.exe
- for a 64-bit system, run vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe, in any order.
5/17/2023 7:34:38 AM