You may need to separate documents on the Indexing Station if:
- A multi-page file contains several documents each of which should be saved separately.
- A document has separation errors due to missing or undetected barcodes or other document separators.
Important! Document separation operations cannot be undone. Before you separate your documents, make sure that each new document will contain all the required pages arranged in the right order.
To separate a document:
- Right-click anywhere in the Document pane and select Move Pages to New Document... on the shortcut menu.
- In the dialog box that opens, create the required number of documents by clicking the Add document button.
- Use any of the methods below to move pages from the Current document pane to the New Documents pane:
- Select pages in the Current document pane and drag them to the New Documents pane.
Note. You can also use drag-and-drop to move pages between documents.
- Select pages in the Current document pane and click Move. The pages will be moved to the new document that is currently active. To move the pages back, click Return.
- Select pages in the Current document pane and press Ctrl+Right Arrow. The pages will be moved to the new document that is currently active. To move the pages back, press Ctrl+Left Arrow or Delete
- When all the pages are placed into their respective documents, click the Create All button. All the selected pages will be moved to the new documents. The documents themselves will be queued for processing. The unselected pages will remain where they were.
Note. Any changes made to the selected pages prior to separation will be saved before creating the new documents.
- In the Document pane, select one or more pages.
- Right-click anywhere in the Document pane and select Reorder Pages... on the shortcut menu.
- In the Reorder Pages dialog box, choose one of the following:
- Reorder pages (cannot be undone)
This changes all page numbers successively, starting with the selected page.
- Restore original page order after duplex scanning
This option restores the original page numbering of a document with double-sided pages. This option is useful if you use a scanner with an automatic feeder to first scan all the odd-numbered pages and then all the even-numbered pages. You can choose between the normal and the reverse order for the even-numbered pages.
This option will only work if three or more consecutively numbered pages are selected.
- Swap book pages
This option is useful if you scan a book written in a left-to-right script and then split the facing pages without specifying the correct language.
This option will only work if two or more consecutively numbered pages are selected and if at least two of them are facing pages.
To cancel this operation, select Undo last operation.
The pages in the Document pane will be rearranged in accordance with their new numbers.
In Thumbnails view, you can change page numbering simply by dragging selected pages to the desired place in the document.
11/29/2022 5:26:42 PM