Installation on more than one computer
You can create an administrative installation point for deploying ABBYY FineReader PDF from a server to multiple workstations.
ABBYY FineReader will be activated by the License Server without any additional input.
- Create an administrative installation point
Administrative installation point with the License Server and License Manager
- An internet connection on workstations is not required.
- The License Manager is required.
- The product can be installed on different subnets. To do this, you need to configure a TCP\IP connection. For details, see How can I change the network connection settings?
Multi-user administrative installation point with Per-Seat licenses and automatic activation
- An internet connection is required on workstations.
- The License Manager is not required.
- This method makes it possible to deploy FineReader on computers in different LANs.
Install ABBYY FineReader on workstations using one of the following methods:
- Manually in interactive mode
- Via the command line
Lets you perform a silent installation. No dialog boxes will be displayed during setup.
- Using Active Directory
- This method can only be used with Group Policy Management to deploy FineReader to specific computers or a group of computers.
- Specific menu items and options that require an internet connection can be hidden. Software behavior can also be modified. For more information, see Using a group policy to configure ABBYY FineReader PDF 16.
- Using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
This method provides the most automation.