If vertical or inverted text was not recognized
A fragment of recognized text may contain a large number of errors if the orientation of the fragment was detected incorrectly or if the text in the fragment is inverted (i.e. light text is printed on a dark background).
To solve this problem:
- In the Image pane, select the area or the table cell that contains vertical or inverted text.
- Right-click the area and click Properties on the shortcut menu to open the Area Properties pane. Next:
- Select the direction of the text from the Direction of CJK text drop-down list,
- Select Inverted from the Inversion drop-down list.
- Run the OCR process again.
For more information about areas, see Editing areas.