ABBYY FineReader Engine 12 and 10 Compatibility
ABBYY FineReader Engine 12 is not binary compatible with ABBYY FineReader Engine 10. Applications that were compiled using ABBYY FineReader Engine 10 should be recompiled using ABBYY FineReader Engine 12 headers and library. Some changes of the source code may be necessary because of the ABBYY FineReader Engine API improvements.
- long data type has been replaced with int data type in all properties and methods that used it. This change has been made to avoid ambiguity: long data type could be 64-bit or 32-bit in different operating systems, while int data type is always 32-bit.
- In addition to this, __int64 data type has been introduced, and with it a new Handle object which manages memory allocation and allows you to avoid memory leaks while working with resources in memory. It also provides a method for conversion to __int64.
- The parameters type of the SaveToMemory and LoadFromMemory methods provided by many objects have been changed:
- Now the handle to the memory buffer is returned by the SaveToMemory method as the Handle object.
- The handle to the memory buffer is passed to the LoadFromMemory method as __int64.
- The Classification API has been completely replaced, using new improved algorithms and providing built-in cross-validation techniques.
- The Engine object must now be loaded by InitializeEngine function. The GetEngineObject and GetEngineObjectEx functions for Engine loading are removed from ABBYY FineReader Engine.
For the detailed description of other changes in API see corresponding section:
- Business cards API
- Engine Object
- Engine Loaders
- Image-Related Objects
- Layout-Related Objects
- Language-Related Objects
- Text-Related Objects
- Document-Related Objects
- BatchProcessor Object and Related Interfaces
- Mechanism Objects
- Parameter Objects
- License-Related Objects
- Supplementary Objects
- Visual Components