LoadPredefinedProfile Method of the Engine Object
This method loads one of the predefined profiles. After the profile is loaded, newly created objects will have the new default values specified in the profile. For more information about working with profiles, see the Working with Profiles section of this Help file.
HRESULT LoadPredefinedProfile( BSTR ProfileName );
void LoadPredefinedProfile( string ProfileName );
Visual Basic .NET
Sub LoadPredefinedProfile(ProfileName As String)
- [in] This variable contains a profile name.
Below is a list of available predefined profiles:
- DocumentConversion_Accuracy — for converting documents into editable formats, optimized for accuracy
- DocumentConversion_Speed — for converting documents into editable formats, optimized for speed
- DocumentArchiving_Accuracy — for creating a digital archive, optimized for accuracy
- DocumentArchiving_Speed — for creating a digital archive, optimized for speed
- BookArchiving_Accuracy — for creating an electronic library, optimized for accuracy
- BookArchiving_Speed — for creating an electronic library, optimized for speed
- TextExtraction_Accuracy — for extracting text from documents, optimized for accuracy
- TextExtraction_Speed — for extracting text from documents, optimized for speed
- FieldLevelRecognition — for recognizing short text fragments
- BarcodeRecognition_Accuracy — for extracting barcodes, optimized for accuracy; can also be called under the BarcodeRecognition name
- BarcodeRecognition_Speed — for extracting barcodes, optimized for speed
- HighCompressedImageOnlyPdf — for creating high-compressed PDF files which contain entire documents saved as pictures.
- BusinessCardsProcessing — for recognizing business cards
- MachineReadableZone — for extracting data from MRZ
- EngineeringDrawingsProcessing — for recognizing technical drawings, with text arranged in different directions
- Version9Compatibility — provided for compatibility, sets the processing parameters to the default values of ABBYY FineReader Engine 9.0.
For full list of the settings used by each profile, see Predefined Profiles Specification. Note, however, that these settings are subject to change without notice in future releases.
Important! The profiles may require additional modules available in the license. See details in the descriptions of the profiles.
This method has no specific return values. It returns the standard return values of ABBYY FineReader Engine functions.
This method call cleans the current recognition session (i.e., the IEngine::CleanRecognizerSession method is called automatically).
// Load Engine FREngine.IEngine engine; ... // Select necessary predefined profile engine.LoadPredefinedProfile("DocumentConversion_Accuracy"); // Continue document processing
The method is used in all code samples.