Transferring training results into another project
In ABBYY FlexiCapture for Invoices, you can re-use training results across multiple projects.
To be able to use your training results in another project, you need to import the training batches into that project.
A separate training batch is created for documents originating from company. Therefore, when importing your training batches:
- For invoices, map each training batch to its appropriate company in the Vendors database.
- For purchase orders, map each training batch to its appropriate company in the Variants database.
Mapping training batches to vendors (for invoices)
Mapping training batches to vendors based on VendorId
In ABBYY FlexiCapture for Invoices and in the external system where the data captured from invoices are exported, vendors are identified by the value of VendorId.
When these identifiers are the same in both projects (this can be the case when both projects are related to the same external system), enable the Preserve Variant ID option in the Import Training Batches dialog box (Fields Training → Import Training Batches...). This retains VendorId identifiers for all batches.
Do not use the Preserve Variant ID option if the project to which you are importing batches uses different VendorId identifiers or if VendorId identifiers depend on the business unit.
Mapping training batches to vendors based on VATID and IBAN
Training batches cannot be matched with their respective vendors based on VendorId if:
- your projects export data into different external systems (because different vendor lists are used)
- VendorId is different for different business units
To associate a training batch with its vendor, other unique vendor identifiers can be used, such as VATID and IBAN. A training batch stores the VATID and IBAN values of its vendor. When a training batch is imported into a new batch, the program automatically searches for a vendor with the same VATID or IBAN value. If it finds an entry in the Vendors data set where at least one of these values is the same, it will associated the vendor with the batch.
Importing training batches into a new project
- Open a new project in the Project Setup Station of ABBYY FlexiCapture Distributed or the Administrator Station of ABBYY FlexiCapture Standalone.
- On the main menu, click Fields Training → Import Training Batches....
- Depending on which method will be used to map the training batches to their companies, either select or clear the Preserve Variant ID option in the Import Training Batches dialog box.
- Specify the path to the project that contains the training batches to be imported.
- If the project from which the training batches are being imported (the old project) has more than one Document Definition, select the Document Definition from which you want to import training batches.
- If there is more than one Document Definition in the target project, select the Document Definition for which you want to import the training batches.
Note: An imported a training batch can be associated with a Document Definition manually. To do this, right-click the training batch and click Change Document Definition... on the shortcut menu. You can also associate a training batch with its appropriate company.
As a result, the training batches will be imported into the new project, together with
- the trained FlexiLayout variants
- the sample images that were used for training.
You can additionally train imported FlexiLayout variants by adding some new document images besides those that have been imported.
Note: If you attempt to import a training batch for a company for a which a training batch already exists in the new project, the program will select the best training batch: the documents in each batch will be matched with the trained FlexiLayout variant from the given batch and the batch with the greater number of correctly detected fields will win.