Creating a batch and submitting it for recognition
This page is used for processing images before submitting them for recognition. The page is opened automatically after creating a new batch and adding documents to it. You can also open this page from the list of Batch view to edit a selected batch.
Batch view interface
The window contains three panels:
Note: When you first enter the web station, the window shows only the Thumbnails view. Two other panels are collapsed in the top-right toolbar. The web station remembers the layout of the panels when you close it.
- Thumbnails view. This panel is used to work on images and create documents:
- Scan. Opens the dialog that allows a user to scan images and configure scanner settings.
- Open. Allows a user to add images from a folder.
- Collapse all. Allows a user to collapse page thumbnails and move to the list of documents.
- Create Document. Allows a user to create a document from the selected pages.
- Enhance. Allows a user to adjust an image.
- Convert To Black&White. Converts an image to black and white.
- Invert Colors. Inverts colors and brightness of the image.
- Despeckle. Cleans the image.
- Deskew. Adjusts image skew vertically.
- Rotate. Rotates the image:
- Flip Vertical / Horizontal. Flips the image vertically or horizontally.
- Rotate 90° Clockwise / Counter-Clockwise. Rotates the image 90° clockwise or counter-clockwise.
- Rotate 180°. Rotates the image 90°
- Back to the source image. Allows a user to cancel all changes and revert the image to the source scanned / uploaded image.
- Merge. Allows a user to merge several selected documents.
- Delete. Allows a user to delete the selected page or document.
- Crop... Allows a user to crop the image.
- Redact... Allows a user to black out specific data on the image.
To form a batch and send it to recognition, do the following actions:
- Add all required pages and place them in the desired order. If necessary, enhance the images and flip pages.
- If necessary, form documents, if it was not done automatically.
Note: If documents are formed in the Web Scanning Station, they will be preserved during later processing. If the documents are not formed in the sent batch, it will be done automatically in the server according to the specified settings in the import or recognition stage.
- Send the batch to the server.
To add pages, do the following actions:
- On the thumbnail pane, select a page after which new pages must be added: move your mouse over the page image and click the left mouse button.
- Depending on the source either click the Add from scanner button (to add pages from scanner) or Add from folder button (to add page images from image files).
Note: If you need to change scanning options, select Scan → Scanner options on the main toolbar and specify required settings.
- Depending on the selected method of adding images, scan paper documents or specify the path to files.
To view a page, select it in the thumbnails pane by left-clicking the mouse on its the thumbnail. The page image will be displayed in the middle of the screen. If the page is not visible, click the button on the toolbar in the top right corner of the page.
To change the page image scale, use the Scale slider on the toolbar.
Selecting several pages
Operations described below can be performed both for one page and for several pages at the same time. Use one of the following ways to select more that one page on the thumbnails page:
- To select multiple consecutive pages, select the first page by clicking on it, press and hold down the Shift key, and then select the last page.
- You can select multiple consecutive pages with the mouse while holding down the Ctrl key. To unselect some of the selected pages, hold down the Ctrl key and click the pages that you want to unselect.
- To select all document pages, move your mouse over the vertical ellipsis to the right of your document name on the thumbnails pane and select the Select all pages command in the document menu.
To delete pages, select one or more pages as described above and click the button on the top toolbar.
To move pages, do the following:
- Select one or more pages as described above.
- Click the selection, and holding the left mouse button move the cursor where the pages should be moved.
When you move multiple non-consecutive pages, any unselected pages between the selected ones will not be moved. The order of pages that you move will be preserved.
Changing page orientation
To change page orientation ("rotate pages"), do the following actions:
- Select one or more pages as described above.
- Press on the top toolbar and select the desired rotation angle.
- Wait until the operation is completed.
Creating a document
To create a document, select one or more consequent pages and click the button on the main toolbar.
Viewing document registration parameters
To view document registration parameters, do the following actions:
- Select the document by moving the mouse over its name and pressing the left mouse button. Information about document registration parameters will be displayed on the Parameters pane on the right side of the page, in the section whose name coincides with the document name.
Note: If this panel is not visible, click on the right-hand toolbar.
Note: If registration parameters for the document are not specified, the corresponding section remains blank. Creating new registration parameters and deleting existing ones is not possible. To add new parameters, it is necessary to change the batch type properties and form the batch anew.
Selecting several documents
The actions, which are described below, can be performed for one or several documents at the same time. You can select several documents in the following way:
- To select consecutive documents, select the first one by hovering the mouse pointer over it, pressing the left mouse button and Shift button on the keyboard, and selecting the last document.
- To select several non-consecutive documents, select them using mouse by holding the Ctrl button. You can also cancel the selection of several documents. For example, select documents one to ten (as described above) and cancel the selection of the third, sixth, and ninth document by holding the Ctrl button.
To merge several documents in one, select them as described above, and click on the top toolbar.
To split a document, switch into document split mode by clicking . Place the mouse pointer between the page thumbnails where you want to split the document, and use the separator to split your document in two. To quit the document split mode, click the button once again.
To delete one or more documents, select them as described above and click on the top toolbar.
Sending batch to server
To send the batch to the server, click the button on the task toolbar.
Note: If some errors occur during sending the batch to recognition, it can be sent later. When re-sending the batch, these pages will not be sent. However, if the image of any of sent pages is changed, this page and all subsequent pages will be re-sent to the server.
Viewing batch registration parameters
To view batch registration parameters, do the following actions:
- If the parameter panel is hidden, open it by pressing on the right panel.
- Select Batch in the Parameters section of the top panel.
Note: If registration parameters for the batch are not specified, the corresponding section remains blank. Creating new registration parameters and deleting existing ones is not possible. To create new parameters, it is necessary to change the batch type properties.
Saving the batch for further processing
To postpone the batch for further processing, click the button on the task toolbar. The main page of the station will open. The batch will be displayed in the list with the "Postponed" status. You can return to processing and sending the batch later.
1/16/2023 10:02:53 AM