Batch type properties
Important! This functionality is available only to an Administrator.
The Batch Type Settings dialog box displays settings of the selected batch type that were specified by an Administrator.
Batch type settings are broken down by groups which are displayed in separate tabs.
This tab is used for specifying batch parameters such as priority and naming scheme for batches of the given type. You can use parameters while creating the naming scheme. These parameters will be changed to actual values during project creation. The parameters are time and/or the batch creation date, the batch type and its number. To add a tag, use the respective buttons under the field. You can also use the values of batch registration parameters (created or imported from the server on the Parameters tab) during the automatic naming of the batch.
This tab allows you to specify a document naming scheme, just like you did with the batch naming scheme, and select an automatic document creation algorithm.
You can use parameters while creating the naming scheme. These parameters will be changed to actual values during project creation. Parameters are the barcode value, the document number in a batch, the date and/or time the document was formed, and the batch name.
The Create document option allows you to select a way to automatically distribute pages among documents when adding them to a batch.
Important! The automatic document creation algorithm is applied to new batches that were created after Batch Type Settings were saved. This rule does not apply to the already created batches.
An Operator may select one of the following document creation algorithms:
- Never. Pages are not distributed among documents when adding them to the batch.
- One for all pages. All pages added during one session of scanning or import from image files are placed in one document.
- In a certain number of pages. This method is convenient if scanned documents contain the same number of pages. When selecting this value, the field is displayed where you can specify the number of pages in the document.
- If pages with barcodes are found. This way is convenient if the first page of each document contains a barcode, or if each document is preceded by a page with barcode. The station allows you to specify a type of the used barcode (or possibility to detect it automatically) and, if necessary, its value (if the same barcode is used for document separation). If pages with barcode are not included in the document and used only for separation, they can be deleted automatically (for this, fill in the corresponding field).
- If blank pages are found. Use this method if documents in the batch are divided with blank pages. Blank separation pages can be deleted automatically, the same way as it is implemented for separation pages with barcodes. To configure the criteria of detecting blank pages, fill in the fields below.
- For every image file. Use this method if all batch pages are represented as separate documents.
This tab allows you to specify registration parameters for batches of the created type and documents in these batches.
To add new and modify existing registration parameters for batches or documents, use separate tables called Batch Reg Parameters and Documents Registration Parameters accordingly. To add a new parameter, click Add value. For each registration parameter, its name and type must be specified. The type can be text or a value from the list. Then depending on the selected type, specify additional information:
- For text parameter: default value, in which tags can be used; tags are substituted with the account name of Operator and / or station, date and / or time of batch (document) creation.
- For value from the list: a set of possible values and their order. When creating the list of values, tags can be used the same way as for default value of the text parameter.
Besides, for each registration parameter you can specify whether its value can be modified (if the selection field Read-only is filled in, the value cannot be modified) and whether the batch can be sent to recognition if the parameter value is not specified (if the selection field Required is filled in, it is not possible to send the batch without filling registration parameter value).
Note: Registration parameter names and values can be used as a filter for the task queue on the Web Verification Station. For more information, see the Web Verification Station help guide.
Scanned document images whose quality is appropriate for recognition occupy a lot of space. In the event of continuous working, the number of send documents may become so large that they will occupy a significant space on the disk. To avoid this, you can automatically delete batches which were sent to the server. For this, fill in a corresponding selection field.
By default the sending of batches begins immediately when you click the Send button. However, in some situations this can be inconvenient, for example, if the channel is heavily loaded in the daytime. If necessary, the station allows you to specify the time interval during which batches will be sent to the server. For this, fill in the Sending time selection field and specify a desired interval in the fields from and till.
Note: Sending is performed only if you logged on to the station. If sending is performed at night, leave your computer on and do not end the working session in the station using the Log out button.
If there was a disconnection during sending the batch to the server, the station allows you to perform repeated attempts to send the batch: in this case, the documents will be placed in the same batch, not in a new one. To use this possibility, fill in the selection field Repeat failed batch upload and specify the interval (in minutes) in the field Minutes between uploads, and the number of attempts in the corresponding field.