ABBYY FlexiCapture has multi-layered client-server architecture.
The server side contains 3 levels of components:
- Application level
- Application Server – a web-service in Internet Information Services (IIS) – is the main gateway for the HTTP/HTTPS traffic. It verifies user authentication and authorization, and performs the FlexiCapture business logic.
- Licensing Server is a service controlling information about current license and legal system performance.
- Processing level
- Processing Server is a service managing a pool of Processing Stations in distributed computing.
- Data storage level
- Database is a repository of processing settings, personal user data, and statistics on the processed documents and documents in progress.
- FileStorage is a stock of document images and data.
Each of these components can be installed on a separate computer – for customizable security, reliability, and independent scaling.
The client side includes:
- Scanning Stations and Verification Stations, which are applications making document images, feeding them to FlexiCapture, and verifying extracted data. These applications are available as:
- local clients;
- web clients running in a browser;
- mobile applications.
- Processing Stations, which import and process images, perform optical character recognition on documents, run custom scripts, export captured data into the customer’s ERP system, and make a number of service operations.
- Administration & Monitoring Web Console
- Project Setup Station used to configure document and data processing settings.