Authentication to the API is performed via HTTP Basic Auth.
All requests to the API must contain an authorization header. To get the authorization header, use the application credentials - the application identifier and token.
Applications in ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud specify the settings that will be used to process the uploaded documents. They determine the document type, the list of fields to be extracted, the rules to be checked, and more. If you have several applications, you can choose which one to use depending on your needs. You can view the application credentials and change the active application on the Applications page in the ABBYY FlexiCapture Cloud web portal.
Get the authorization header
- Concatenate the application identifier and the token using a colon as a separator.
- Encode the resulting string using any variant of Base64.
- Add the authorization method followed by a space in front of the string from step 2.
Application ID = Aladdin, token = OpenSesame
- Concatenate the application ID and the token:
- Encode the string using any variant of Base64:
- Add the authorization method followed by a space in front of the string from step 2:
- The resulting authorization header will appear as follows:
Authorization: Basic QWxhZGRpbjpPcGVuU2VzYW1l
9/15/2020 9:42:43 AM