There are two ways to feed an image to the program. You can
- scan a paper document
- open an image file or a PDF document
Scanning a paper document
- Make sure that your scanner is properly connected to your computer
and turn it on.
Please refer to your scanner's documentation for instructions on how to connect and set up your scanner. Be sure to install all the necessary software that comes with your device. Some scanner models must be turned on before you turn on your computer.
- Place a page on the scanner. If your scanner is equipped with an
automatic document feeder, you can load multiple pages into the ADF.
Note: When using a flatbed scanner, be sure to position pages evenly on the glass surface. If the skew angle is too large, the text may be recognized incorrectly.
- On the start screen, click the Scan Document button or select the Scan Document… command from the File menu.
- In the scanning dialog box that opens, select the required scanning options and scan your pages. The resulting images will appear in the left-hand pane of the ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint window. Note: If a document is already open in ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint, any newly scanned pages will be appended to it.
The quality of text recognition is affected by the quality of the original document and the scanning settings. For more information about selecting the right scanning options, see Scanning Tips.
Opening images and PDFs
- On the start screen, click the Open Image or PDF button or select the Open Image or PDF… command from the File menu.
- In the Open Image dialog box, select the image files that you
want to open and click Open.
Tip: To select multiple files, hold down the Ctrl or Shift button and click the desired files.
- If a document is already open in ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint, any newly scanned pages will be appended to it.
- Access to some PDF files is restricted by their authors. Such restrictions include password protection, restrictions on opening the document and restrictions on copying content. When opening such files, ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint may request a password.