ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint allows you to recognize text on images and save the results in any of the supported output formats:
- Select a desired output format on the EXPORT SETTINGS
Note: If the format that you need is not displayed on the EXPORT SETTINGS pane, click Other Formats and then choose the desired format from the drop-down list.
- Alternatively, select a desired output format by clicking File > Save Document.
You can also save a scanned document as an image file or as an image-only PDF:
- Open the Save As dialog box by clicking Save As… on the File menu or clicking the Image File button on the EXPORT SETTINGS panel.
- In the Save As dialog box, specify:
- a name for the output image file
- a folder where you want to save the image file
- a desired image format (image-only PDF, TIFF, JPEG, JBIG2, BMP or PNG)
Note: When saving PDF documents in Japanese in ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint (Part# 1257/12 and earlier), please make sure that you have the MS Mincho and MS Gothic fonts installed on your computer. Without these fonts installed, some of the Japanese characters in the text may be replaced by Chinese or Korean characters.