ABBYY FlexiCapture architecture
ABBYY FlexiCapture is a set of applications that comprises document processing stations and servers.
- Application Server is a web service in Internet Information Services (IIS) which functions as the main gateway for all HTTP/HTTPS traffic in the system . This component provides user authentication and authorization functionality and enables communication between the server and client components.
- License Server is a service that stores information about the current license and allowed uses of the system.
- Processing Server is service that manages the Processing Stations. This component enables distributed processing.
- Database stores the processing settings, information about the users, information about the documents that are being processed, and statistics for the documents that have been processed.
- File Storage stores the images of the documents that are being processed and the data captured from these documents.
Each server component can be installed on a separate computer, allowing variable scalability and individual reliability and security settings.
- Administration and Monitoring Console is a web application that is used for setting up ABBYY FlexiCapture and monitoring its operation.
- Project Setup Station is used for setting up document processing.
- Processing Stations:
- Automated Processing Stations import and process images, perform optical recognition, run user scripts, export extracted data to the user's storage system, and perform a number of service operations.
- Manual Processing Stations (Scanning Station and Verification Station) is a set of applications for obtaining document images, feeding them to ABBYY FlexiCapture, and verifying extracted data. They can be installed as separate PC applications, as thin browser-based clients, or as mobile apps.
The flow chart below illustrates interaction among the ABBYY FlexiCapture components.
For details, see: Overview of interactions between ABBYY FlexiCapture components.
12/14/2018 7:05:23 AM