- Russian (Русский)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Chinese Simplified (简体中文)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- Estonian (Eesti)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (Português (Brasil))
- Slovak (Slovenský)
- Spanish (Español)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
Installing ABBYY FineReader 14 on a Terminal Server
The Terminal Server license
Terminal Server licenses allow limiting the maximum number of ABBYY FineReader 14 users. The total number of users can be monitored by the administrator using Windows credentials. When the maximum number of users has been reached, the administrator can:
- Remove specific users from the list in the License users dialog. To do this, open the Help menu in ABBYY FineReader 14, click About… > Licenses, right-click the Terminal Server license and click License users on the shortcut menu.
- Activate an additional license on the same terminal server. When users connect for the first time, they will get a session using a free license chosen at random.
ABBYY FineReader 14 deployment was tested on Citrix XenApp 7.0 and later and Windows Server 2012 R2 with Windows Remote Desktop Services 7.0 (setup was performed using Windows RemoteApp and Citrix XenApp). Both of these solutions can be used with any version of ABBYY FineReader 14.
ABBYY FineReader 14 does not support application streaming.
The Terminal Server license
- Install ABBYY FineReader 14 on the terminal server. You can use standard software installation methods or perform administrative installation. You will not need to install the License Server with this license type.
- Activate ABBYY FineReader 14.
- Set up groups that will be able to access ABBYY FineReader 14 using Windows RemoteApp or Citrix XenApp.
Note. You can run ABBYY FineReader 14 on the terminal server locally.
The Concurrent license
- Create an administrative installation point.
The License Server and the License Manager can be installed on any computer in the local area network. See Administrative installation with License Server and License Manager for details.
Note. The License Server can be installed on the terminal server.
- Launch the License Manager.
- Add all your licenses in the License Manager.
- Install ABBYY FineReader 14 from the administrative installation folder onto the terminal server.
ABBYY FineReader will be installed on the terminal server as if it was a workstation. Users will be able to connect to the server and use FineReader via a client. The number of simultaneous connections will limited by a Concurrent license.
- If a user starts ABBYY Screenshot Reader or another bundled application without starting ABBYY FineReader, a Concurrent license will still be allocated to the user.
- If ABBYY Screenshot Reader is installed on a terminal server and accessed via Windows RemoteApp or Citrix XenApp, users will only be able to make screenshots in applications that are running on the terminal server.
12/11/2017 9:46:09 AM